Help lead the way
Our Board of Directors and Resource Committees are comprised of local volunteers who are passionate about bettering the lives of children. The Board of Directors supports the work of our agency by providing mission-based leadership and strategic direction. Board meetings are held bi-monthly.
Volunteer members of our Resource Committees meet monthly and assist in:
- Planning fundraisers
- Representing the agency at community events
- Helping recruit volunteers
- Making vital connections with community stakeholders
- We are also seeking dedicated volunteers to participate in key Action Teams such as our Diversity and Cultural Competency Team, Marketing Team, and more!
Start Something Fun
Take a hands on approach to getting involved!
- Share your passion! Do you like to scrapbook, go fishing, or work on cars? Is there something else you are passionate about? Why not schedule a time to share your passion with some of our matches?
- Take our matches to work with you! Introduce youth and mentors to your workplace or other organization you care about by helping us plan an activity there to broaden a match’s horizons.
- Use your skills! Do you have an eye for photography or a knack for computers? Perhaps your knowledge on a particular subject will help us support the families we work with? Share your skills with us and help us help others!
- Show your support! Have fun with your friends by participating in one of our fundraising events, or start one of your own! We are always happy to work with you to raise funds or raise awareness. Or, organize a supply drive for an event like our Back to School activity!
Make a difference over your lunchbreak
Be part of our office team for a day! You’ll get the opportunity to have fun, learn more about BBBS, and help the cause while you are at it! We routinely have mailings to send out, and other easy tasks that can be done over the lunch hour. Grab some coworkers, make a lunch date with your friends, and head over to BBBS! We are always looking for a reason to order pizza or fire up the grill. Come join us!
Be our HR Hero!
Are you a Human Resources whiz? If so, we would be excited to have you share your insights into:
- Organizational effectiveness
- Diversity and cultural competency
- Video/online training, and more
- Come share your ideas and experience with us and help us grow!
There are so many ways you can help Big Brothers Big Sisters of the 7 Rivers Region. Look around and see where you can help or donate today!
- Becoming a Big Brother, Big Sister or Big Couple: Volunteering is easy. Check out our Volunteer Page for more information.
- Talk about Big Brothers Big Sisters to your friends, neighbors, family members, and co-workers.
- Kwik Trip Scrip Gift Cards: Purchase a Kwik Trip Scrip Gift Card through Big Brothers Big Sisters. For ever card that you buy, 10% of the value is donated to our organization. By purchasing cards through Big Brothers Big Sisters, you can make sure that a portion of the money that you would already be spending will go towards supporting our organization. Download order form here.
- Help out with Big Brothers Big Sisters Fundraisers.
- Donate: Support Big Brothers Big Sisters financially by making a donation.
- Food and Beverages: Donate food or beverages for match activities.
- GoodSearch & GoodShop: Use GoodSearch and GoodShop to search the internet or shop online, and Big Brothers Big Sisters will receive a donation at no cost to you. Just go to www.goodsearch.com and designate Big Brothers Big Sisters – 7 Rivers Region as the charity you wish to support.
- Wish List: Donate an item from our Wish List
- Recruit: Help us recruit Big Brothers by encouraging men you know to consider volunteering.
- If you are excited about Big Brothers Big Sisters, and don’t mind speaking to groups, help staff promote Big Brothers Big Sisters and recruit volunteers by sharing your experience as a Big, Little or parent.
- Help Big Brothers Big Sisters recruit volunteers at your workplace, your church, your service club, or other organization. Call Big Brothers Big Sisters for ideas, materials and other assistance.
- Create a Team for the Bowl for Kids’ Sake: Put together a team of friends, family or co-workers for Bowl for Kids’ Sake. It is fun, and helps Big Brothers Big Sisters raise money to serve kids!
- In Memorial: Make a donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters in honor or memory of someone who mentored you.
- Events: Donate tickets for sporting or arts events for matches to enjoy.
- Committee: Volunteer to serve on a committee.
- Silent Auctions: Donate a silent auction or raffle item for a fundraiser.
Donate items from our Wish List
- Restaurant certificates/movie passes for match activities and contest prizes for matches
- Tickets for sporting events, concerts, theater performances or other events that matches can enjoythis is really exciting for Littles who may never have had a chance to attend!
- Sports equipment
- Board games and puzzles for matches to use
- Children’s books
- Coloring and activity books (new or gently used) and crayons and markers
- Small toys and games to be used as door prizes at match activities
- Poster frames in various sizes
- Craft supplies
- Yarn/embroidery floss for bracelet making
- Volunteers with computer and information technology skills to help us with office computers on an as-needed basis. Should have experience with servers and networking
- Tracfone Minute Cards (Staff carries Tracfones for match activities and home visits to families)
- Digital cameras (need not be new, as long as they work) We love to take pictures of matches and at match activities.
- Laptop computers for staff to use at site based mentoring programs (Minimum specifications: 1 GHz processor, at least 512 MB RAM, Windows XP and wireless network card)
- Multimedia projector
- Color printing services (printing of posters & flyers)
- Paper plates, napkins, cups, plastic silverware for
- Food and beverages for match activities
- Office Chairs
- Office supplies
- Disposable cameras for matches to use
- 3-ring binder tabs
- Facial tissue
- Postage stamps
- 2– pocket folders
- Desktop calculator with printer
- Plastic totes (to store games and craft materials at our site based mentoring programs)